Thursday 10 November 2011

Knitting: baby hat and bootees

So. Someone I'm very fond of is pregnant. Once the screaming, squealing, and congratulating (and the three month mark - I'm superstitious) was past, I did what came naturally, and got out my knitting needles and some very brightly coloured yarn, knowing that this baby's parents won't want pastels.

These are the result. A set so cute that I'm afraid I did try the hat on the cat, and considered knitting an extra pair of bootees and making him run round the flat in them. A set that made the husband smile, and then go very quiet.

A set that, frankly, needs to be put in a jiffy bag and sent down to the parents-to-be as soon as possible before it causes all manner of disaster. Hopefully by the time you read this, they will be safely in South London being cooed over by people with reason to coo, and the cat will have stopped plotting ways to kill me.

You can read the yarn details and find the pattern here. I am not responsible for what happens should you knit them.

 

2 comments:

  1. This post is full of intrigue.

    They are extremely cute. I always think bright colours look better than pastels on babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, but i wish there was a cat picture too :P

    I couldn't make this around B, for the reverse reason, he is far cluckier than me!

    ReplyDelete